Here at Beehive one of our main goals is to help our members buy their homes easily. We want to bring together partners that can really help you on your home buying journey and we feel that Optimus is one of those. We’re working with Optimus in two ways, offering our members two new services via our app’s Marketplace.
Conveyancing is the legal work that needs to happen for you to buy a property. With Optimus, you can access the right solicitor for your case from a handpicked selection based on your personal criteria. Conveyancing comes with fees that you need to pay when buying a property which are split into two sections:
- Legal fees: This is the basic charge for the work that they do.
- Disbursements/supplements: These are payments or taxes that need to be made to a third party by your conveyancer or to cover any additional work required on your transaction. These are things like searches, Land Registry and Leasehold fees. If you need the full list of disbursements, pop Optimus an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Optimus offer game-changing conveyancing services. Get your legal work sorted for your house move all in an app with Optimus’ quality legal services at a fair price. Plus, all of this...
- Online case tracking provided directly by the law firm.
- Service team available between 8am and 5.30pm Monday to Friday at the end of the phone
- Award-winning legal services
- No move, no legal fees*
- Choose the right conveyancer for you from a hand-picked selection based on your personal circumstances.
- Optimus’ conveyancing services isn’t location based. This means you can choose whichever solicitor you think is right without worrying about having to deliver things in person
*You may have to pay for services or disbursements to cover costs that have already been incurred, such as searches if these have already been instructed.
How do I access conveyancing?
Buying a new home is the biggest financial transaction most of us will ever undertake. Optimus helps you when you’re doing the fiddly bits of buying like surveys.
A home survey is a thorough review of the property that you want to buy and will identify anything that will need work, repairs or could potentially become an issue in the future. Things are marked on a scale using red, orange, and green and having a survey can help you make an informed decision on buying the property and what to expect when you do.
With home surveys via Beehive, powered by Optimus, you can rest assured you'll be dealing with experienced expert RICS regulated surveyors and the Optimus team of home survey consultants. They'll be on hand to guide you through all your options. Plus, there’s all these benefits too...
- On average, surveys turnaround within two weeks
- National coverage
- Minimal wait times meaning you'll only see surveyors who match with your personal timing needs
- Dedicated survey team offering personal service
Do I have to use both services together?
You might like to use both for your home purchase or maybe you’ll just need conveyancing but either way we’re sure you’ll be pleased with their service.
They won best legal services provider at the Your Mortgage awards in 2020-21 so we’re confident that they’ll help our members in the best way they can. They’re aiming to make property services fairer and easier to navigate using tech, fixed-pricing and high-performing solicitors. Optimus makes it easy for you to manage your conveyancing journey with online tracking available from your pick of recommended solicitors. Optimus is a secure digital service which aims to connect you with the right conveyancer or home surveyor for a fixed price. You can check out more about Optimus on their website.
How do I access home surveys?
Now we’ve covered the basics of home surveys and conveyancing you might be interested in checking out our mortgage guides to find out more about the home buying journey.